Thursday, September 19, 2013

TYLER PERRY

So, I intended to write a review on The Jungle Book. But this weekend, it seems like Tyler Perry's films are airing on constant rotation. So, that got me thinking... I love Tyler Perry's films. Madea Goes To Jail, Madea's Family Reunion, Diary of Mad Black Woman, I Can Do Bad All By Myself...and all of the others that I currently am drawing a blank to. The funny thing is, I don't think I fit his intended audience. Of course, I'm not a racist white guy, but all of these films are about African American women in Georgia who have to turn themselves around. Tyler Perry can write some amazing, heartfelt, inspiring, dark, funny and deep films/plays.

They are stories that inspire you to stand up for what you believe in. They are stories that show the despair and troubles in the lives of these characters. Women are being beaten by their husbands, raped by their step-fathers, abused by their mothers and destroyed by the world they live in. But God can pull them out. They can pull themselves out.

No comments:

Post a Comment